Sunday, August 17, 2008

Do I have faith?

How can I have faith that God will come through for me when it seems hopeless? When it seems intellectually ridiculous? When I think my plan is better than God's?

And how can God really expect me to live by faith when everything seems to be going against me?

In Judges 4 and 5, the Israelites were in a rough spot, with no way out. Everything was against them. Realistically, there seemed to be no solution. It would have been easy to give up.

The Lord God told them to face the enemy head-on and they would win. That probably looked like a bad idea to the Israelites. If it were you, how would you have responded?

That's the question today.

We have a real-life example to follow in this passage. God didn't just make the depressing problem go away. And he didn't give them victory until His people did what He told them to do.

This is when we are really living by faith: when we are in the middle of a big problem, but nevertheless respect, trust, and love God enough to do what he tells us in his Word.

I know I have faith when it's hard, but I do what God says anyway.

Read the sermon notes here.
Listen to Pastor Bob's sermon here.

No comments: